Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We Did It!!

Tilden Teacher Jodi Brooks sent out this message via email after the OUSD Board Meeting tonight.

Hello Tilden Supporters,

Well, we did it!! The Board made a unanimous decision to delay the closure of Tilden for one school year! We got what we wanted - more time for the parents and staff to work with the district to find the best possible solution to the challenges at Tilden (facilities and ratio of special education to general education students).

Thanks again for your time, speeches, letters, support, and dedication throughout this struggle to fight for our children. I am inspired and humbled by each one of you. I am awed at the passionate support that I have seen emerge out of this process. Words cannot express how much I appreciate the community of Tilden and it's supporters. Thank you.

I am so proud of us.
~Jodi

Thanks, Jodi. I could not have said it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment